Monday, September 25, 2017

Panola County Devotional Sept 25, 2017



Behold, for peace I had great bitterness: but thou hast in love to my soul delivered it from the pit of corruption:  for thou hast cast all my sins behind thy back. Isaiah 38:17

It is in the depths of sin that we cannot see sin for what it is.  It is only when the light that is God draws us with His precious Spirit that we are able to even glance at the depths of the wickedness that surrounds the non-believer yea is even issued from his heart. It is the bondage of slavery in Egypt, we knew nothing more than whips and dinner, hushed conversations kept far from our captors ears about God or a new born son and daughter on the way. The person who doesn’t know Jesus lives under such a burden and cannot see that burden as something to be broken but something to be lived with.  

It is in the depths of sin that we cannot see sin for what it is. It is only when the light that is God draws us with His precious Spirit that we are able to see the depth of the wickedness in this world.   Dear man, dear woman, has God pricked your heart this morning? Hear the words of The Lord recorded in Isaiah 44:
For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring. And they shall spring up as among the grass, as willows by the water courses, One shall say, I am the LORD’s and another shall call himself by the name of Jacob; and another shall subscribe with his hand unto the Lord, and name himself by the name of Israel. Thus says the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me the is no god.


Dear man, dear woman, please hear me when I say to you that your chains are yours by willing choice and that there is a freedom that is offered you this day. Hear me when I proclaim that I was bound  in those chains unknowingly and had it not been for a man called Jesus and a place called Calvary I’d still be there with you, blind and unable to reach out my hand today in offering.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to give your input. We consider every comment important. Bless you in the name of Jesus!