Saturday, April 8, 2017

"If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them..."

This morning, a reading that blessed my heart:

John 13:1-17 J.B. Phillips New Testament (PHILLIPS)

Jesus teaches his disciples humility

13 1-5 Before the festival of the Passover began, Jesus realised that the time had come for him to leave this world and return to the Father. He had loved those who were his own in this world and he loved them to the end. By supper-time, the devil had already put the thought of betraying Jesus in the mind of Judas Iscariot, Simon’s son. Jesus, with the full knowledge that the Father had put everything into his hands and that he had come from God and was going to God, rose from the supper-table, took off his outer clothes, picked up a towel and fastened it round his waist. Then he poured water into the basin and began to wash the disciples’ feet and to dry them with the towel around his waist.
So he came to Simon Peter, who said to him, “Lord, are you going to wash my feet?”
“You do not realise now what I am doing,” replied Jesus, “but later on you will understand.”
Then Peter said to him, “You must never wash my feet!” “Unless you let me wash you, Peter,” replied Jesus, “you cannot share my lot.”
“Then,” returned Simon Peter, “please—not just my feet but my hands and my face as well!”
10 “The man who has bathed,” returned Jesus, “only needs to wash his feet to be clean all over. And you are clean—though not all of you.”
11 (For Jesus knew his betrayer and that is why he said, “though not all of you”.)
12-17 When Jesus had washed their feet and put on his clothes, he sat down and spoke to them, “Do you realise what I have just done to you? You call me ‘teacher’ and ‘Lord’ and you are quite right, for I am your teacher and your Lord. But if I, your teacher and Lord, have washed your feet, you must be ready to wash one another’s feet. I have given you this as an example so that you may do as I have done. Believe me, the servant is not greater than his master and the messenger is not greater than the man who sent him. Once you have realised these things, you will find your happiness in doing them.


Knowing He had everything, he chose to cleanse the ways and means this walk requires.  SELAH, ya'll.  SELAH.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to give your input. We consider every comment important. Bless you in the name of Jesus!