Friday, January 6, 2017

Pick Up Your Mantle - Same-Page Podcast for Jan 6, 2017

Click the image to play
It's always nice to be on the... Same-Page  - On-time messages from the Word of God for everyday life.

Today we open the Word of God and call out to Pick Up Your Mantle..  (Pray)


Contact us by email:  Service@ChristCarriesMe.org  Every email will be handled personally by a loving minister of the Word.

Today's Reading comes out of II Kings 2:12-13
9    And it came to pass, when they were gone over, that Elijah said unto Elisha, Ask what I shall do for thee, before I be taken away from thee. And Elisha said, I pray thee, let a double portion of thy spirit be upon me.
10 And he said, Thou hast asked a hard thing: nevertheless, if thou see me when I am taken from thee, it shall be so unto thee; but if not, it shall not be so.
11 And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.
12  And Elisha saw it, and he cried, My father, my father, the chariot of Israel, and the horsemen thereof. And he saw him no more: and he took hold of his own clothes, and rent them in two pieces.
13 He took up also the mantle of Elijah that fell from him, and went back, and stood by the bank of Jordan;



Commitment:
Elisha was committed to living in the right-now.  He was constantly living in the present and expectant of the future.  He was ready to step out and take what the Lord had granted him, the double portion of Elijah's mantle.  Are you ready to walk out what God has called you to do?  Maybe you need to re-commit to the call.
Here, today, let's commit to follow the Lord all the way.  Say it with me.
I realize that God has had a plan for my life.  He had the plan for my life before the foundation of the world.  I make a total commitment to this plan.  I will follow the Lord all the way.  I will teach others also about God's call for their lives.  In Jesus' name.  Amen.

 Thanks for listening. I'm JD and you're on the Same-Page.


Podcast Subscribers: http://ChristCarriesMe.org/Podcast.cfm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to give your input. We consider every comment important. Bless you in the name of Jesus!